Tuesday 7 September 2010

Prescriptions

Another trip to the doctors tomorrow for more medicine :( i am pretty bored and i don't think I've ever disclosed my full prescription list and what it is for, so here goes....

Lantus solostar - Long lasting insulin for my diabetes - 80 units a night
Novarapid - fast acting insulin - 30 units after every meal

Microbial skin wash - For severe acne on my legs and bum
antibiotics - Acne - 4 200mg a day
Scalp treatment shampoo - For itchy scalp
Dalacin-T - Acne

Lamotragine - Mood stabiliser - 400mg
Escitlapram - Anti-depressant - 75mg
Duloxetine - Anti-depressant - 240mg
Trifluperazine - Anti psychotic - 2mg
Zopiclone - sleeping tablets - 7.5mg

That's it for now but they may be starting me on cholesterol tablets as i have a reading of 10.9, the norm being about 4 or lower.
It's surprising i am still alive! I do think to a degree i am being held together with elastic bands and sticky tape! lol

A little update on my health at the moment;
I have lost 4kg in 2 months. Not bad seeing as i ain't really trying any more....
My final assessment for my stomach banding is in January. I think this is the final one anyway! i do hope so!
My diabetes is pretty much stable it seems, so no more increases in insulin.
I am being reviewed by my psychiatrist in a month or so, my CPN thinks i need to have some of my prescription changed and added too.

I've got so many niggles and pains from the main issue, weight. I can't walk for anything longer than half hour without having to lay down for a few hours cause i become in excruciating pain with my back. I'm fed up of being asked when i am due, being told i am pregnant since i was about 19 is starting to grate, especially seeing as i can't actually have kids.
Ah the kids issue, i have decided i don't want to be a mother and that if i wanted ot get pregnant i would have to go through a lot of procedures and stuff, i just don't want that. I am destined not to have kids, perhaps one day i will be in a position to adopt or foster, which seems much more appealing to me. Any way i am going to ask my doctor about getting a full hysterectomy. It's a big decision and i have thought long and hard for a couple of years now and i feel that it is time to get it sorted. I have poly cystic ovaries which means i haven't had a regular period since the age of 16. My last period was over a year a go. Those bits down there cause a lot of problems and if we could eradicate the poly cystic ovaries then i would perhaps lose more weight and also be able to be treated hormonally.
seems to make sense to me and Dale is ok with it all. It's sad i know and believe me i have cried over it but alas to be a genetic mother is not meant to be, I've got weak genes anyway lol

Right, I'm off, i just wanted something to do for 10 mins! lol xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment